Monday, August 2, 2010

MEGA SIGH, yo.

Dear Big Sis,

LE SIGH, as they say. I got an email a few moments ago from DreamEmployer, telling me that I'm not right for the position, but they'd like to keep in touch. Oh, gee thanks.

That is the second big rejection I've received this week. Yet, despite knowing that the two things I've felt so strongly about lately have fallen through, I feel really powerful. I feel more like "me", whatever the hell that is, than I have in quite a while. I am sad, and lonely, and of course, feeling rejected, but I am more grateful for the things I *do* have than I was before. I have you, of course, the best sister anyone could ask for (minus the glaring oversight of not mailing me chocolate every single day), I have the women in my co-op who have been immensely supportive of me through all this, and hopefully will continue to be, and I have all my friends all over the country who loves me unconditionally despite my failings. Maybe even because of them. To have this giant network of people, who all love me and want only the best for me, that is a blessing. I am so, so grateful.

I will be fine. I will be fine. I will be fine.

With love and disappointment,

Little Sis

No comments:

Post a Comment