Saturday, March 19, 2011

uuugh

Dear Big Sis,

I'm feeling shitty today, mildly depressed (I say mildly because although I feel really, really shitty, I have known real depression and this just doesn't compare.), and I don't want to do any of the 1,000 awesome things I could be doing on a Saturday afternoon. It's beautiful outside, and SXSW is going on right now, and instead I'm on my bed, journaling and blaghing and about to watch an episode of Glee while I knit. Which honestly, isn't the worst thing in the world, but it's not the same as being young and alive and watching some shitty band downtown. I've learned over the years, though, not to push myself into doing things I don't want to do, and to forgive myself for not living up to those arbitrary standards. If this keeps me from achieving life goals, then perhaps I should re-look this principal, but for now it makes sense. No point self-flagellating if it won't help anything.

In other news, my sexist housemate randomly said during a group convo today, "female logic is an oxymoron." Lolz!!!!!!!!!!1!!!

I immediately said, point-blank, that what he said is sexist, and then I repeated that- "What you just said is straight up sexist," and then I added, "and also not funny." I was pissed he said it, and I was proud of myself for responding and calling it what it was. And he followed it up by saying that military intelligence is also an oxymoron. Oh, so funny, my sides hurt!!!! This was, naturally, in front of two housemates who will soon be joining the army as lawyers. He is such a douche.

Anyways, I'm going to go get my Glee on, but now I've blaghed and all is well in the universe. Or something.

Love,
Little Sis

No comments:

Post a Comment