Saturday, April 23, 2011

Mmmm....foster babies...

Dear Lil Sis,

We've GOT to start bloggying more often than monthly.  Honestly, can't we each manage to write more than six times a year?  C'mon, us!  I'm sorry that (last month) you had that depressed day.  Comes with the territory in our family, but it sucks nonetheless.

Speaking of suck, I had the worst grad semester known to man.  For legal reasons I'm not going to disclose much of it, except to say that obviously, it was pretty bad if there are legal reasons I can't disclose much of it.  Let's just say that a lot of the physical bruises have faded, and the psychological ones (groan, cliche) are just beginning to fade too, but I've been struggling a lot with anger.  Like, explosive rages with throwing stuff and yelling.  Jeebus.

But things are looking up.  The University is gonna pay me the big bucks because they didn't last year, and that, my sis, was disability discrimination and negligence.  Booyah, University.  I'm almost done with grad school, and I've decided to split, to move back to Ithachachacha, aka Ithaca ASAP.  I want to leave all this crap behind me, and I want to go home.  So I'm applying for jobs in Ithaca, mostly teaching gigs, like whoa.  Hopefully something will click.

In other news, I'm starting to think about being a foster mommy.  DEFINITELY not jumping into that.  But thinking about it a bit.  The question is, how old do the foster babies have to be to be sure Harry won't eat them?

I have to go walk the dogs, and feed the birdcreature, and grade.  Grade, grade, grade.

Oh--if you're in the Iowa City area, come to the Iowa City Public Library on Friday, April 29th at 7pm, meeting room A.  We're having a sexual violence awareness event called Take Back the WRITE.  It promises to be full of gorgeous writing and even some dancing, and will be inspiring and raise funds for the Rape Victim Advocacy Program.  And I'll be reading!

Love,

Big Sis

No comments:

Post a Comment